2019. Unbroken Chain podcast with Maura McNamara. “The Politics of Perception with Robert Rosenberger.” -episode about my book Callous Objects.
2021. Interviewed on the Breaking Paradigms podcast. “Hostile City Design.” 2/15/2021.
–quoted in Breaking Paradigms podcast. “Between Hostile and Defensible Design.” 3/1/2021.
2018. Interviewed on Georgia’s texting-while-driving law on the radio program Closer Look with Rose Scott on 90.1 WABE on 7/2/2018.
- Scripted segment for The Academic Minute (syndicated widely on NPR stations), “Robert Rosenberger, Georgia Tech University—Phantom Vibration Syndrome.” 4/14/2016.
- Interviewed on The Roe Conn Show, WGN Radio, Chicago. “The Science Behind Why You Think Your Phone Is Vibrating, But No One Is There.” 1/6/2016. WGNradio.com
- Interviewed on GPB Radio, Atlanta, about phantom vibrations, On Second Thought. 1/11/2016. (Starts at 30:09)
- Interviewed on The Brian Lehrer Show, 93.9 WNYC. “How Design Hides Homelessness.” 5/23/2104. www.wnyc.org
- Interviewed on City Café, 90.1 WABE Atlanta’s NPR station. “The Philosophy of Distracted Driving: A New Theory.” by Kate Sweeny. 5/20/2013. wabe.org
- Interviewed on The Bill Good Show, about distracted walking, CKNW AM 980, Vancouver. 6/14/2012.
2016. Interviewed about phantom vibration syndrome on Fox Carolina. 1/6/2016.
2016. Work mentioned on The Today Show on NBC. 1/15/2016. Interviewed for associated article on Today wired: “Are Cell Phones Causing Hallucinations? The Reason Why You Felt That ‘Phantom Buzz.’” by Chole Vincente.
- Interviewed on 11 at 7 with Brenda Wood, “Growing Number of Distracted Walkers End Up In Hospitals.” WXIA-TV, 7/30/2012.
Online and Print:
- Article/interview covering my work by Elise Li Zheng in the Paper, “对话罗伯特·罗森博格：被技术“调节”的人“ 6/16/2020, issue #27 of the XinRui weekly.
(Translation: “Dialogue with Robert Rosenberger: People ‘Regulated’ by Technology.”)
- Interview quoted in a front-page story in the Wall Street Journal. “Is Your Phone or Watch Constantly Buzzing? It Could Be In Your Head.” By Daniela Hernandez. DATE. p. 1, 11. wsj.com: Dec. 19th 2019.
- Quoted in The New York Post online. “‘Phantom Buzzing’ is Creeping Out Smartphone, Smartwatch Users.” By Michael Kaplan. Dec. 20th, 2019. nypost.com.
- Interview on smartphone push notifications quoted in the German newspaper Süddetsche Zeitung, “Wie Push-Mitteilungen Uns Verändern,” by Johannes Kuhn, March 2019. www.sueddeutsche.de
- Interview for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution by David Wickert, “Safety Advocates: Georgia’s Distracted Driving Law a ‘First Step’.” myajc.com, 7/1/2018.
- Mentioned in: “How Facebook and Instagram Became As Addictive as Painkillers.” By Shelby Brown. CNET, 12/7/2018.
- “Phantom Vibration Syndrome: Up to 90 per cent of People Suffer Phenomenon While Mobile Phone is in Pocket.” The Independent. 1/10/2016.
- “Ever Feel Like Your Phone’s Vibrating, But It Really Isn’t? This is Why…” Marie Claire online. 1/12/2016.
- Interview quoted in: “Parents of 13-Year-Old Killed In Car Crash Share Powerful Message About Distracted Driving.” by Rachel Bertsche. Yahoo! Parenting. 8.6.2015.
- Article about my work, with quoted interview: “The Philosophy of Phones: Why It Might Not Matter That You Can’t Stop Checking Yours.” by Barbara Speed. The New Statesman online. 7/2015.
- Article quoted in: “If Homeless People Can’t Sleep Outside, Apple Customers Shouldn’t Either.” The Daily Dot. 4/8/2015. www.dailydot.com
- Response to my article: “Bring on the Anti-Homeless Spikes!” The Washington Free Beacon. 5/30/2014. freebeacon.com
- Response to my article: “Sidewalk Spikes: How Some Homeless Aren’t Sitting Pretty.” Deseret News, National. 5/25/2014. national.deseretnews.com
- Response to my article: “If You Were Disturbed By the Anti-Homeless Spikes in London, Consider Calgary.” Metro News, Calgary. 5/7/2014.
- Interview quoted in: “Give Your… Cell Phone a Check Up.” by Mallory Creveling. SHAPE Magazine, Oct. 2013, p. 130.
- Interview quoted in: “Full Speed Ahead For Connected Cars, But Are They Going the Wrong Way?” NBC News online. 11/27/2013. nbcnews.com
- Interview quoted in: “Distracted Driving: Safety advocates call for culture shift as more US Drivers admit to deadly habit.” NBC News online. 10/26/2013.
- Interview quoted in: “Driving While Wearing Google Glass: Could the futuristic device join handheld cell phones, texting as illegal?” by Eric Ortiz. New York Daily News online. 7/13/2013. nydailynews.com
- News article on my work. “Why Hands-Free Phones May Be Unsafe For Drivers.” by Megan Gannon. Live Science. 6/3/2013.
-Reproduced on yahoonews.com and nbcnews.com